Wednesday, June 02, 2004

breathing space

i am still unwearyingly waiting for the mid wife to call on us. my anxiety is manifold and if and only if i could know what the immediate future holds, my nervousness might loosen its clutch on me. i would like the tests to be done soon to confirm both monica and the baby are doing perfectly okay. krithi, my sister, says scans and blood tests will give the doctors a realistic indication of when the baby will be born. as per my own reckoning, the baby will be a capricornian.

in the mean while, susan miller, the famed american astrologer, advices me a lot of caution. she says september 2004 is when i can expect pleasant times to come back. i read the outrageously amusing novel holy cow by sarah mcdonald in which she makes it sound as if all the soothe-sayers in india make accurate predictions. i must admit i have been knocked for six by some of the predictions made by astrologers in madras, but much of what i have heard in india are jabberwockies. anyway, this one clairvoyant in madras noted 2005 will be the start of, what he termed, sensational twelve years. to corroborate, this guy also revealed numerous things that in fact have happened in my life. when a person can confidently declare what had taken place in my life, many of them personal, i can only assume he is no bullshit artiste. it was as if he was asserting facts, not predictions. so, susan miller with her september 2004 calculation might be striking the right chords.

work was ok today. i have assigned myself 6 bugs from the bug tracking tool. my hair is growing out of control. i am planning to shave it completely this weekend as summer is here to settle for a while. my mother once suggested if i could have my head shaved once every year, i will not go bald. i have been doing it every summer for 5 straight years now and i am beginning to think she was correct. i am sure my brother, ragho, will concur with me ;-)

i have some shopping to do tonight before going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home